Learn how to write code for your AppCar using a simple programming language called “Turtle Logo”.
Calibrate the AppCar settings to get your robot to drive perfectly straight.
AppCar is an exciting little robot controlled using ANY smartphone, tablet or computer.
Easy to set up
AppCar is for Everybody
No prior experience of electronics is required
No soldering or complicated setup
How does it work?
- Assemble the parts
- Connect the wires
- Drive the robot using an AppShed app
- Write your own auto-pilot programs
What will I learn?
The parts you need are:
1 x NodeMCU
2 x Motors with wheels
1 x Motor Driver
1 x Battery Pack
Some wires and connectors
Under the Hood
- AppCar uses a NodeMCU micro-controller, based on the ESP8266 chip.
- The MCU is pre-programmed with an Arduino sketch so that it works out-the-box.
- Advanced users can control every input and output, modifying the robot to carry out a great variety of tasks.
- NodeMCU is a true IoT device, and AppCar can be controlled over WiFi from any location in the world.
- AppCar makes use of aREST.io, a cross-platform API for Arduino, ESP8266, RaspberryPi and many other devices.
Order your AppCar kit
Need the right gear to get you started?
We’re putting together really affordable AppCar kits.
Submit a request below and